Houzz Logo Print
mxyplx

MsWorks Calendar Problem Mssg

mxyplx
14 years ago

MsWorks Calendar

W/XP MS Works 8.5

I get the following mssg

MS Works 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close...

AppName-- wkscal.exe Appver:== 8.5.818.0 ModNme==

wkcalac.dll

Whenever:

1. I try to open calendar

2. I reactivate from standby

3. I reactivate from hibernte

4. I start from shut down

5. I restart.

I posatively do not understand why Works had to close when it wasn't even open to begin with.

===================================================

I tried System Restore, it wouldn't till I tried in Safemode. Since the problem started Sun Mon or Tue I restored to Mon then Sun trying to sneak up on it. Well after the 2nd restore all the bold restore points disappeared so there was no more trying that. I then:

Studied on Google and the MS site and did everything that was suggested by MS including uninstalling/installing because my understanding is there might be a corupt file and system restore won't fix that.

Opening the works 8 task mgr from the start menu reveals Calendar as the home page and I can cough up my appointments in that venue but cannot add any -- because Calendar will not open. The other functions that I use (spread sheet and data sheet) work just fine.

I finally looked in msconfig > Startup (System Config Utility) and found there was no Startup Item for Calendar. There should be. It is WkCalRem.exe It used to be there. How can I get it back there?

The WkCalRem.exe file does show in the Task Manager Processes tab.

Comments (4)