Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perpetual Calendars/organizers

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 21:11

I am presently using Windows XP and want to update ot Windows 7, 64 Bit.

I am using Creata Card Special Edition's Forget Me Not Calendar and just love it. However it isn't compatible with Windows 7, 64 Bit. It comes up every time Windows opens and it displays the current month calendar and
everything can be entered to let me know several days in advance. For example if someones birthday is coming up in a week,. I can set it to remind me 7 days ahead or however many I need. It will show the age and each year it comes up 7 days ahead of the birthday and also adds a year to the age, so that it is always current. I can also record appointments that I may also have and each will give me a reminder opportunity. I'm trying to find something to replace it as Creata Card doesn't seem to be around any more unless it has been taken over by another company and if so I have no idea how to find out. It also has an address book where I can not only record addresses, but, also telephone numbers, email addresses, family members, etc.

Do any of you have something very similar to this that you would highly recommend?

I hope so and thank you sincerely.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perpetual Calendars/organizers

I don't use it, so I can't recommend, but I know a few people who use Google Calendar (free).

Maybe have a look at it and see if it has the features you want...

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Calendar

o

1. Windows has something called compatibility mode that often allows you to run an older software version with a newer operating system. Check out the link below (step 3 or 4 at the bottom of the list).

2. What is your email provider? Many have built-in calendars with reminder settings. I use Hotmail (or Outlook as it is now called), and its calendar allows me to set all kinds of one-time and perpetual events with advance reminders.

3. If you can get your program to function under compatibility mode, that's great...but you are just putting off the inevitable. That's why I use my Hotmail account, rather than rely on a separate program that I know will be obsolete or incompatible some day.

Here is a link that might be useful: Compatibility

This post was edited by kudzu9 on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 4:08

o

• Posted by owbist 6A-Niagara, Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 6:25

iCalendar might do exactly as you want.

A friend installed it and was very pleased with it's capabilities.

Edit. I installed this after posting but now have doubts. I had scanned my computer recently so feel sure it was clean. During the install of iCalendar I was presented with an option for a Firefox add on which I rejected.

On checking my computer I found "Wajam" amd "Pricepeek", WOT gives Pricepeek a red indicator.

iCalendar, Wajam and Pricepeek were promptly removed using Revo uninstaller.

I will check my friend's computer later too.

This post was edited by owbist on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 12:37

o

I have used Google calendar for years and am very happy with it. You can have multiple calendars and show all entries or only the ones you want to see for a specific calendar...ie holidays, church, school activities, etc. You can set up reminders and color code events.

o

Am I correct in understanding that neither Google or Yahoo calendars have reminders that can be set for any number of days before an event and also can be set to automaticlly remind you by your choice of weekly monthly or yearly?

My Forget Me Not has all of these, as well as postal addresses, email address, phone numbers, etc.

I was hoping to find something that also had all these things. Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part.

o

Google calendar has lots of options. It's the only one I use other than my phone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here