Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hotmail account blocked by Microsoft

Posted by paleblue (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 20:48

They said my account has been compromised. In order to
reccover it, I was asked certain questions I cannot
answer: 1. favorite food (can't recall what I said)
2. Contacts in Hotmail address book (have none)
3. Xbox live or Zune prepaid card # (have none).

Said it would take up to 24 hours to validate and they
would send email. BUT, how can I get into email if it is
blocked?

Is there a phone# available, so that I can speak with a
representative?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hotmail account blocked by Microsoft

paleblue.... Your not the only one, I have been trying all day!

I mean come on, can you believe(Yahoo)they said this?
Said it would take up to 24 hours to validate and they
would send email. BUT, how can I get into email if it is
blocked?

I think we just have to wait it out. They must be doing some new web design or something!

o

how were you notified of this? it sounds like it could be some type of scam did you answer any type of questions or give any info that they asked for? if not do not do that.
Tell us exactly how you got it and from where

o
yahoo

ravencajun... When signing into my yahoo account,They said my account has been compromised.

Whenever I signed in, it said check
Need help signing in to Yahoo!?

Enter the text you see in the picture.
To ensure the security of your account we require you to complete this sign-in verification after five failed attempts to sign in.
Is the "Caps Lock" or "A" light on your keyboard on?
If so, hit "Caps Lock" key before trying again.
Did you forget or misspell your ID or password?
You can recover your ID and/or password by confirming your private information.
Still having trouble?
Try sign-in help.
Did you forget to include your full Yahoo! ID?
If so, please remember to use your full Yahoo! ID (e.g. free2rhyme@yahoo.com) to sign in.

o
RE : hotmail account blocked by Microsoft

were you one of the ones notified about a breach in security at epilison from any places of business like your bank, target, etc? This sounds very much like something that is a result of this breach since it was email addresses that were stolen.
Was your password on your email account a real word? if so it would likely be hacked in seconds.
do not provide your password or any other info at all!!

Epsilon Email Breach: What You Should Know

o

ravencajun

No, I was never notified about a breach in security at epilison from any places of business like your bank, target, etc?

I think there is something else going on.

o

For what it is worth, all six of my Hotmail accounts are functioning normal yesterday and today.

DA

o

an block my account please

o

always good to have a secondary email account where if you have problems like the 'compromised' notification.. you will get an email there that will prove you're you.

Yahoo in my experience, from dealing with others with that problems,, just seems to lock your account for one to three days.

o

Considering Yahoo's persistent avoidance of providing secure, full-session SSL to its users (and the added threat of the Firesheep program/add-on) I'm amazed that more people don't leave Yahoo for a provider that at least cares enough to provide better session security -- even Gmail and Hotmail have it !!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here