Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mouse problems

Posted by pkspigs (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 20:07

I have a new wireless mouse, did the same thing with the old mouse. The pointer jumps all over the page and it is impossible to control. I have done everything I know how to fix it. I have slowed down the mouse , etc. Why is it doing this? I cannot use the computer because you cannot control the darn thing. Thanks, pk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mouse problems

How to fix or check Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Interference.

See if anything helps at the link provided.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Interference.

o

No did not help, took me couple min. to just get the mouse into this box. anyone else??? seems like it starts to do this after or during playing a game??? pk

o

Are your hands anywhere near a mouse pad?

o

Is this a laptop by chance? If so turn off the touch pad that can happen.

o

not near a pad and not using a laptop, still doing it.

o

We have some problems with a wireless keyboard and Wii even when the Wii is not doing anything. It has been awhile I have forgotten details.

o

I'd consider getting a wired USB mouse.

o

Are you using your mouse on a shiny surface? Have encountered completely erratic behavior for some mice that way. Put a piece of paper underneath and see if it stabilizes.
Are the drivers completely up to date?
Have you tried another port if it's usb?
Finally, is it connected usb and ps/2? Try only usb.
Those are some of the issues I encounter regularly with wireless.

o

Have you tried going to website How to clean your wireless mouse It is real simple it helped me

o

You may be confusing a wireless problem with an optical problem. A mouse sensor does not work well (stable) on some materials. And some lights can even pass through the mouse case to confuse the optical sensor.

o

westom-
That's a very good point. It would be good to hear what the OP is using for the surface the mouse is on. I have mainly had problems with wireless laser mice when I try them on certain surfaces like a glass table top. As soon as I remember to put something down, even a piece of paper, the tracking problem goes away.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here