SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

New Monitor

I bought a new monitor - a 23" Asus 16:9 - and it arrived yesterday. Read the instructions (minimal!) and fired it up. OK, things didn't look so good on the screen so I knew adjustments were needed. Changed to the "true resolution" and then adjusted the DPI. Tried out each of the 6 video presets. Pages I view almost daily were looking washed out and I realized I couldn't even see some clickable choices on the web page.

I read reviews from other owners, made note of the settings they used for brightness, contrast, saturation, etc. - a whole host of choices. I could see changes happening in the display as I noodled with the settings but the sites were still woefully lacking.

I looked at the packing material still on the floor and was glad I hadn't pitched it.

Still, I felt like there was surely something I should do - the monitor couldn't be this bad.

With renewed determination, I tried to find the solution today. No luck. The graphics were still washed out and some were invisible on screen.

AND THEN THE MAGIC HAPPENED. For some reason, I decided to reboot and that was the solution - the monitor colors came to life and familiar web pages are once again fully viewable. I'll pitch that packing material after all.

Just had to tell somebody.

Comment (1)