SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
not2bright

Pasting from Word 2007 into a Webmail Quadruple Spaces

not2bright
11 years ago

Hi,

I play around a lot with email. Sometimes I use offline clients (Outlook). Sometimes I use webmail. Right now I'm liking my MyOpera webmail. But since the compose window is very small compared to other webmail interfaces, I have been experimenting with composing longer emails (that I edit over several days' time) in Word 2007 and then pasting the final message into the compose window of the webmail. The problem is that Word 2007 does not paste well into the webmail. All double-spacing is itself doubled. IOW, while the sentences within paragraphs are all single-spaced appropriately, paragraphs (which are double-spaced) are actually quadruple-spaced! This, of course, is not the way the document/message appears in Word itself. (This is true of other webmail accounts I have, as well -- e.g. Hushmail -- which is why I'm not asking this at the Opera forums.)

Anyway, while I'm continuing to search online to try to find an answer as to how to get Word to format a message in such a way that it pastes well (i.e. double-spacing paragraphs), I thought I would ask here to see if anyone who uses Office 2007 (or 2010, I suppose) has already encountered this issue and knows of a solution that would save me some time.

(FWIW, my Hotmail account does correctly format the email message, which is not surprising. But I don't use Hotmail much.)

Thanks for any comments!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia