Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pop ups on gardenweb

Posted by acraftylady (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 17:00

Getting popups on gardenweb forums. Computer is clean and it's only happening on gardenweb. Desktop running windows 7 using IE9 to browse, what's going on? Was not doing this yesterday? April fools joke? Went to hubby's work with him and he could do no work as all the servers were down at school and memo said it was definately not an April fools joke and it was major and wold take a long time to fix, weird day being April fools. Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pop ups on gardenweb

Just tried my IE9 on Vista and found no ads or pop ups.

DA

o

Strange, it's only on gardenweb. Will run malewarebytes again and my virus scanner. Have to boot up the laptop later to finish son taxes. Same specs so will see what happens there. Mary

o

I play with IE every once in a while and they popped up on me a couple of day ago. I thought that was normal because I have been using FF for a long time.

o

I only use IE and have never seen pop ups before. I don't use firefox but have it installed and it didn't happen with firefox so must be IE9 and this site or something. No pop ups any where else on the net. Mary

o

Firefox plus AdBlock Plus with Easy List, No ads ever.

o

I am one of the odd ball few that doesn't like firefox. For some reason it always freezes on me, both computers and IE doesn't and just works much better for me. Another scan came up clean. Mary

o

The ones I saw were the words highlighted with green and they pop up right in your face. They are really annoying, I have IE 10.

o

On what may be any page of the forum scroll down to the bottom of the page for more information on in-text links.

DA

o

Well now they seem to have gone away here so all is good. Mary

o

There is still one in the email spam in Da's post. It is highlighter in green with a small symbol beside it.

o

I'm here at work now using the W7 with IE9. No ads, and the only in-text link is Windows 7 in ACL's original post.

DA

o

Everything is fine today, goofy yesterday I guess. Mary

o

Acraftylady, there is still one in my IE 10. It is the word "forums" with the little symbol beside it. I don't think it pops up unless you run your cursor over it. You just have to learn to keep your cursor off the written word. Literally!

o

I didn't have anything coming up when I hovered. Just the pop up I showed as soon as went on any page here yesterday. I had the green links suddenly appear months ago and followed the instructions to unsub and those have been gone ever since. Mary

o

what is unsub???

o

Short for unsubscribe. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here