Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Printer question.

Posted by john_ny (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 8, 11 at 17:00

I have 2 printers, an ink jet and a laser. Normally, if I'm not printing something special, I don't need the laser. If I'm just printing a couple of grocery coupons, the ink jet is good enough. Can anyone tell me how I can set the ink jet to come up first? Seems many times it reverts to the laser, and when I press print, the laser printer comes up. On some of the coupon sites, you don't see the print dialog box, so there's no chance to reset what printer I want to use, before it starts printing. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Printer question.

Open up the Printers dialog box and set the printer of your choice as the default printer.

o

Took me a little time to figure out that I had to highlight the name of the printer, then right click on it in order to get the, "Set as default printer." words to show, but I finally got it. Thanks again!

o

When in doubt, right-click. That works for a lot of things. You're welcome.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here