Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making a second Facebook account

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 16:50

I tried to make a Facebook account for just my young niece and myself.
I put in my alternate email address, but left out a number when registering, but did not realize it.
When I clicked to register , I got a message 'you are inellegible to register'.
When I go to Facebook registration, it keeps telling me that. Now I can't seem to register!
Where/what do I do?
Thx

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making a second Facebook account

They have a minimum age limit. Maybe you're not old enough yet ?

Make a new email account at your favorite online free email company, Try again - lie about your age, all the kids do that - lots of older kids these days in 5th and 6th grades. 20 and more years old even. I guess schools don't have a maximum age limit :)

o

Hmmmmm....... My granddaughter is old enough.....
I know I left out a number in my email, but I don't see why that would not let me try again.

o

Did you use your name or hers? I'm not a spokesman for Facebook, but I'm pretty sure that the terms and conditions prohibit an individual from creating more than one account. Check the Terms link from the registration page.

o

I'm a facebook neophyte but I think there's a way to limit a "group" to just you and your niece on your main account. You may google it or check out their instructions? Sorry I'm not more help.

o

Yes, you can make groups. I have one for just immediate family and one for members of my graduating class....only members of each group can post or view.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here