Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why can't I see some videos?

Posted by dedtired (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 16:38

I want to watch the PBS video linked to below, but all I see is a black screen. I have no problem on youtube or other sites.

What could be the problem? Thanks.

Oh, I use Firefox with adblock on my Toshiba laptop.

Here is a link that might be useful: pbs program that won't play for me

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why can't I see some videos?

Do you have Flashplayer installed and updated? I'm currently using version 11.6.602.180 and I can see it with Firefox 19.0.2 with adblock plus enabled on that page.

o

• Posted by owbist 6A-Niagara, Ont (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 16:54

You likely need Adobe Flash Player - or if you have it perhaps you have an older version. My current version is 11.6.602.180 and I see the program.

Edit:- pkponder beat me to it, sorry for a double post offering the same fix.

This post was edited by owbist on Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 16:55

o

Right after I posted this I switched to IE and the video played just fine. Then I saw your responses so I downloaded Adobe Flashplayer. I still can't see the video when I watch it via Firefox. IDK. Any other ideas?

o

Try Firefox in safe mode (all add ons disabled). That mode is listed under the Help menu.

I'm thinking that it's an add on. You've already cleared browsing history, right?

o

How about Foxit Reader, maybe? Tools, options, applications.

I have it and can see the video.

o

Thanks, I'll try your suggestions in the morning. At least I got to watch the show on IE.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here