Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Java

Posted by gloriam (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 21, 13 at 16:18

Can I use java or isn't it safe to use yet. I play alote of POGO games and can't play them with out java?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Java

I use Java every day and haven't encountered a problem yet.

o

Java is porous as far as security goes. Oracle tries everything they can to reduce and deter intrusion, but their responses do have limitations.

I personally haven't had Java on my system since they last go- round, and haven't missed it.

All that being said, I have an associate who also plays on Pogo, and I needed to install the current version of Java so she may do so.

I would say the proper approach is to be fully informed of the pluses and minuses of Java, and make an informed decision as to its use.

DA

o

Unfortunately, I have to run Java because my broker's trading platform is written in Java.

If you keep Java, be sure that you have real-time malware protection and run weekly scans.

o

yes you can use JAVA for playing POGO game. Java is very secure, But for gaming Eclipse is best. It is more secure than jdk. Eclipse is protected to malware.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here