Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I get this email?

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 16:03

My SIL sent something, and this is the message I get. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options Control Panel

I went to the control panel, found folder options and now what do I do?
Thanks
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I get this email?

It would help to know what kind of file it is--- examples---.jpg, .gif, .pdf, .doc, .xls.

o

Shows jpg (54.3KB it that helps

This post was edited by marie-ndcal on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 17:57

o

I'm confused by "no file listed". What makes you think there is something there to open? If it is an image, I'll bet the sender tried to embed the image in the email. This doesn't always work smoothly since there are hundreds of email clients and webmail programs and no two work exactly the same. It's far better (IMHO) to ATTACH the file to the email. Just my $.02.

o

A .jpg of only 53.4 kb doesn't sound like an image to me. More likely, it is some kind of "cute" graphic or border around the message. I find such things to be more of a bother than they're worth. I wouldn't worry about it and would just ignore it...but that's just me.

o

I did additional checking and pushed save attachment. I showed up in my documents. It was a cute picture of a kitten on his/her hind legs looking at a high bank of snow saying--Now what do I do?? She sent it to me because I keep complaining about the snow we have.

o

You mean this one Marie?

o

Yep that is the one. She does not forward me much but I was curious how to get it.

o

Well if you want that one simply right click on it then click 'Save image as...' - give it a name and you are all set.

o

Thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here