Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do I need these programs...

Posted by debi_2006 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 15:47

Yontoo 2.05? It suddenly appeared in my Programs back in March and I didn't put it there. I looked it up and it may have something to do with Windows - not sure. But, sometimes it pops up saying it can't open a window. I'd rather uninstall it is I don't need it.

The other two are:
Apple Software Update
Apple Application Support

Both installed in Programs on 4/25/13. I wasn't even in town on that date and computer was turned off while I was gone. This is a PC, not an Apple so I don't know why they are even on the Program list.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do I need these programs...

Do you have Itunes installed? That would need apple updates. Mary

o

No itunes

o

Oh that was all I could think of that would need it but I don't use any apple stuff. I found this concering yantoo. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: Remove yantoo

o

Debi you might want to use Windows Explorer, drop down the Program files and look for WAJAM and Pricepeep as these 2 were on a computer I recently cleaned Yontoo from. Or use the search feature (I rarely use that no reason, just never think about it but it can be a useful tool)

Not sure if they are allied but for the sake of looking while in clean up mode.....................

o

Safari and Quicktime are two other pieces of software that would use Apple's updater. I would imagine that it's also possible if if you had any of Apple's software installed at one point in time, the updater may have lingered even if the principal software was uninstalled.

o

Don't forget 'Bonjour'. Can't stop this service from running - another Apple product apparently needed for I Tunes.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here