Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just Had A Trojan Attack!

Posted by love2sew (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 24, 11 at 15:41

I did my taxes via UFile.net last night and today when I went online I got an alert of a Trojan attack. McAffee immediately came on and told me to shut down while they fixed. I also have McAffee Security Plan Plus. Now when I check my system it is all okay.

I know Trojans can steal stuff so do I need to do anything else like my Visa, bank account, ect.

You speak of Malware scans software, is this in McAffee or do I need this protection as well.

As always, thanks for your expertise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just Had A Trojan Attack!

you need to install the free malwarebytes update it and run a full scan to make sure nothing is there that McAfee left.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Win) - Detecting and Removing Malware

I would also do a free superantispyware, these are programs you should have on the pc anyway, update them and run scans with them every few weeks.
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

report back to let us know what was found.

o
RE: Just Had A Trojan Attack!!

The Malwarebytes Anti Malware detected 4 items. Trojan.Agent, Adware.MyWeb, Adware.FunWeb,Trojan.Fakealert.

The SuperAnti Spyware scan detected O items.

Thanks for your help and I feel confident my system is clean.

o

no not so fast if malwarebytes found those you need to go to another help forum I will provide a link for, register there and tell them exactly what you let us know here, they will assist you to run some more in depth detailed scans that will get the rest of those infections out, believe me they leave stuff behind that has to be removed with these programs.

Analysis and Malware Removal

register, post at that location a new thread, and you will be assisted, if you have any problems let me know I am over there too.

o

Not so fast is right, you just did your taxes and disclosed a ton of of personal information on the forms, just the type of the data a bad guy would want. Problem with Trojans is they often carry additional payloads of malware that can and do go undetected. I would follow ravencajun advice and have more in depth scans run at the link provided.

o

I am on my way. Thanks
Jeane

o

I am over at Lanzdown and posted a new message but can't send it because I don't have a registered user name to send it to.
Can someone help me.

o

When you first get there you need to click on register -it's at the top after it says 'welcome guest' - and create a new account. It sounds like you haven't done that.

o

ok I see your post over there where I told you to post, so apparently you did register and got your name set up, I am not understanding what problem you are having now?
To post your log of your scans just copy and paste them into the reply box on your current thread there and submit it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here