SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

What is this on my new 16 GByte USB Drive?

jerry_nj
11 years ago

This is a continuation of my slow move forward into the world of Windows 8, on a new computer, a Gateway (Acer) 17.3" laptop - side note: I do like the big screen but the big keyboard is taking some getting used to, the touch pad is centered below the keyboard "tab" to "enter" width. This big laptop also has the number entry keys to the right of that. So, the touch pad is not centered under the screen as I am used to on all past laptop/notebook computers.

To the subject, I learned that to make a recovery "disk" (none provided with the laptop) I first had to have a minimum 16 GByte USB Flash Drive. I now have this device [a SanDisk Cruzer 16 GB] and taking a look with the W8 File Manager before starting the creation of a recovery drive I find:
1) the USB drive has 14.8 GB of 14.9 GB free. A good bit short of 16 GB - assume it is still enouigh
2) looking at what is on the USB drive I find: RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win at about 30 MB. Is this something I should erase to get some of the additional space back or is it something W8 needs to be able to read/write to the SanDisk? Or, is it a tool to use looking back into Windows? Maybe something else.

I look forward to some discussion before going forward with making a recovery disk.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz