Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do just delete (I DID) or do the cleaning computer?

Posted by marie-ndcal (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 14:46

While I was reading some information, I got this message from Microsoft Security Essentals Alert. It was in a small red box and told me I had to clean my computer or it would crash
This is what was listed: Trojan PSX win 32 laurels
Hack tools win 32/w elevateA
Adware win 32 Fraud
I have AVAST, nothing came thru, ran my other two programs yesterday when I got a similar message.
I am not sure it is from Microsoft or???
Any ideas?
Thanks
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do just delete (I DID) or do the cleaning computer?

Do you have both Avast and MSE? If yes, you should NOT. If you have Avast only and got a "warning" from MSE, it was probably fraudulent.

o

I am suspicious that such a message is from MSE. I am inclined to think you have a virus. Download and run Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org) and Super Antispyware (www.superantispyware.com) -- both free -- run their scans, and report back.

And, as azinoh says, if you are running both Avast and MSE at the same time, stop: choose one and disable the other.

o

I agree, it sounds like scare ware.

o

I ran both programs and nothing showed up. Went to my programs to see if something got installed without my doing it--can't find anything. I think I have only on anti-virus Avast Can you tell me how I can find MSE? I did not see it in my list of programs?
Thanks to all
Marie

o

A simple stroll down Google Lane provided the below for your review, and there is more.

DA

Here is a link that might be useful: Microsoft

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here