SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Blue Screen every 10 to 15 minutes

ladyamity
11 years ago

Hello,

I've been all over the web looking for some type of solution.
Then late last night I remembered Garden Web's Computer Help section and knew I'd find an answer here or be giving links where to turn.

I don't have a backup computer to use nor do I have the funds for a new computer so I am hoping I don't end up without a computer soon....thus, I'm here, hoping to get some help.

HP Pavilion a1710
Windows Vista Home Premium
Running Explorer 9 and Firefox
Running off son's router in another room - Verizon Fios

Almost two weeks ago I got a message that stated I needed to backup my computer.
I clicked 'Yes' and got a message that backup would go to D Recovery Disk.

About 10 minutes (maybe less) I received a message that I was almost out of memory.

I know that my C disk has almost 75% memory left on it so I checked my D.
It showed a red line all the way across the bar.
I decided I best not do a backup and changed the settings so that I wouldn't be backing up anything on D.

I shut down computer, restarted, thought everything was fine. It wasn't. That's when I started getting the Blue Screen.
The Blue Screen doesn't last long enough for me to read anything.

Decided maybe the computer needed a good cleaning, inside and out.
Defrag, cleared cache, removed unnecessary files, removed over 1500 photos (I don't put music on my computer so that wasn't a space-taker) and ran two virus/malware full scans: AVG (my permanent anti-virus) and a MalwareBytes x2 (after updating MalwareBytes).
Both came up negative for anything at all.
I tried to do a Restore but that's when I found there are no restore dates!

It just seems to me, something happened when I thought I was doing a good thing by backing up my files on the D Recovery that was suggested.
Last time I ever do that!

Then I took cover off the tower and cleaned inside, blew the dust, made sure everything was running smooth/quiet as it always has, etc.

I've looked everywhere online for a troubleshooting guide for this problem but the closest I come is to tweak the Regedit and I'm not about to go playing around in here.

Now that I look for my D Recovery under 'computer', it no longer shows up in my 'Computer' area.

Please, does anyone have any help, opinions, suggestions to help me with this problem?
I don't want to be computerless. :(

Comments (10)