SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

More W8 Learning - Windows services problem

jerry_nj
11 years ago

First, I took a look on "the web" and found what looks like a more complicated and risky situation than I'd go into without checking here for the easy answer.

Second, the only problem for me so far is the warning popup - I do not have any need for the service indicated, or if I do I don't know it yet.

Problem:
Upon boot (W8 is very fast, hooray) but after I enter my password and click on the desktop tile the lower right hand of the screen sees a popup:
[Failed to connect to a Windows Service. All user install agent service] It further suggests [review system event log for details about this problem] I can not find any such log, and the (I'm not yet happy with) W8 Search can not find the log in [apps, settings, files] Is that the total list of places it might reside. In W7 the search just looked everywhere, I believe.

The web search led me down the path, which assumed I looked at the event log, of making changes in the Registery. I try to avoid making changes in the Registery.. but would of course first make a Restore Point.

Comments (8)