Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HP Printer won't cancel document

Posted by dahlia6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 11:47

I like my HP printer but for some reason it will not cancel a document labeled as "PICASA 71.9MB/71 PORT USB001
Or is this a large file and it is taking lots of time to cancel?
Any help will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HP Printer won't cancel document

If you use a Windows PC, you should be able to access a print queue or jobs list starting with Devices and Printers from the Start menu or in Control Panel.

When you open that, double click on the icon that represents your printer and you should see that particular print job listed where you can select and then delete it.

o

That is what I do and the above is what is listed. I click CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS and the window says it is deleting but it never is completed.
Is 71.9 MB a large file? Since it is coming from Picasa I am afraid a picture file may have been accidently put in my HP QUEUE.

o

I'd say that 71.9 MB is a HUGE file to print for most home systems. I'd choose cancel and then go watch a movie to give it time.

o

I'd turn off the printer and reboot the computer ...but that's just me.

o

I agree with azinoh as that is what I have done when "cancel" will not clear it.

o

Thanks.Yes that worked!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here