SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Re-arranging Booksmarks and Folders in Firefox

lynnalexandra
10 years ago

I'm doing some spring cleaning for my pc. I would like to re-arrange some bookmarks. I think I'm moving bookmarks in a very inefficient manner. I'm copying and dragging each bookmark that I'd like to move into a particular folder. There's probably a better way.

Here's what I am trying to do:

- sometimes I would like to merge/combine two folders. I might have a folder for gift ideas. Then another day I might have had to sign off firefox, but had 10 tabs open to gift ideas for my daughter's birthday. I labelled that folder pc 4-15 (indicating that I was saving tabs from that day). Is there a way to merge the two folders - without creating a subfolder of pc 4-15 within the gifts folder? or is there a way to copy and paste all the bookmarks and move/drag them at once. I've been doing one at a time.

- if I have a folder with 30 items - and I only want to move 20 of them, is there a way to select those twenty and move them in one move? the usual ways I would select more than one item is to hold the shift or control key (shift for a range of items, control to select individual items). But that doesn't work for bookmarks in a folder. Is there a way to do this?

Since I am getting serious about organizing this, I am hoping there's a quicker method than moving them one by one.

Thanks.
Lynn.

Comment (1)