Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Typing onto down-loaded forms

Posted by davestexas (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 9, 11 at 10:06

Sometimes I download then copy a form that I then physically write in the information. Is there a way to use my PC to type in those form blanks? For all I know there may very well be that program on my PC but? I don't have Word or Excel if those programs would do it. Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Typing onto down-loaded forms

Are they in the .pdf format?

DA

o

Not downloaded in pdf. I just download to pc/copy and print the copy out then fill in the information. I can download to pdf though. Would doing that then let me type in the needed info?

o

I downloaded the form in pdf, but still can not type into the blanks. A cursor appears when I click on that blank, but that's all that happens. No text appears when typing letters to the right of the cursor. Is there a secret to typing onto pdf downloaded forms? Thanks

o

If you use the PDF-Xchange viewer you can type on the forms. There is a 'typewriter' tab that you click on and then you can type wherever you put the cursor. I haven't used Adobe Reader in a long time but I don't think there's a way with it.

o

Thank you very much. Downloaded the free program and it's what I needed to type onto boilerplate forms. I appreciate your help.

o

I'm glad I was able to help.

o

bob414,
Anything I should know before I install it?
Like leave alone what is already checked?

o

Urlee I've been using it so long I don't remember the installation process but if it's what files to associate it with the only one it needs is pdf. I don't remember it wanting to install any toolbars or extras but uncheck anything like that.

o

This is where I was confused as to what to do?
Leave as is or??

Photobucket

o

Yes, I would go ahead with all of those.

o

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here