Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new FireFox and a update

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 9, 11 at 10:00

Just loaded the updated version of Firefox (4.0) .. I am running a vista 64 ... I can't seem to find a area where I can clik and ask if there are any updates etc (not for add on's) like the older version had. Am I missing it somehow ??

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new FireFox and a update

Browser update inquiry is Help>About Firefox>Check for Updates.

All other components are Tools>Add Ons>Select from the offered menu on the left.

DA

o

Is Firefox 4 a beta version or regular? Should I update to version 4? Any reason not to?

Thanks.
Lynn.

o

Thanks DA ,, but i don't see where one can just click to see if any updates are available for FF... other then whats shown on the left. I set with that... it's when a new version of FF comes out sometimes I used to be able to click see updates etc .. they must have done away with that.

o

Browser update inquiry is Help>About Firefox>Check for Updates. The radio button is about 3/8 of an inch below the bold black word Firefox, "Check for Updates".

DA

o

On my computer it says 'firefox is up to date.' I guess that would change to 'check for updates' if updates were available.

o

Bob,

Where are you looking? The portal on the Help>About Firefox or the menu provided by the Add-ons entry on the Tool drop down menu?

DA

o

It's where you saw 'check for updates.'

o

Thanks all ... I see it now, just threw me off ... I guess if there is an update it will indicate to check for it.

You guys are great!!!!

o

Bob,

No big thing here, but so not to confuse others:

When I use the Help>About Firefox I get the presentation with the radio button "Check for Updates". After I press the radio button the response is what you show. Are we in agreement or is there something different?

DA

o

Nothing different except that I have never seen anything there except what is there now. I'm guessing that if there are updates I don't have I will see the radio button with 'check for updates.' I'll keep watch on it to find out.

o

Mine is always just like bob414's. For some reason mine seems to update automatically. I already had FF4 when others here were asking about it.

o

I have Firefox 3.6.16.

If I click on Tools, About Mozilla Firefox is at the bottom of the list. It tells what version I have.

Above that in the drop down box is Check for Updates. I do that and it tells me there is a new version available, and the choices are Ask later, No Thanks or Get the new version.

I haven't gotten the new version; waiting to see what others say about it.

Sue

o

MY FF4 is fully update along with the fully updated add-ons. The radio button is there. Who knows? Things like this make the world go around.

DA

o

Yup, variety is the spice of life! LOL!

o

Is Photobucket working ok with FF4? When I went to download it...

I got a warning box saying that the add on for Photobucket uploader 1.3 and Microsoft NET Framework assistant 1.2.1 were not yet ready.

o

Works OK for me Sandy. I haven't seen that warning.

o

Thanks, Bob. Nice to see you. We miss you over at the Test Forum. Its been really slow there for a while but hopefully some Spring pics can't be too far off.

o

it sounds like it may just be that uploader add on that is not working yet, that one always seems to take them a long time to make it compatible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here