SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
genes_gw

Tablet afficianado's

genes
11 years ago

Anyone seen these...I know you get what you pay for but they do come with android 4.0 and capacitive touch..

http://www.lettouch.com/Mall/goods.aspx?gi=3315

Comments (6)

• genes
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If you back up at the site to Tablets>Android 4.0..there are a whole passel of them...it says free shipping, but there are postage cost (?????) never went any further..

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

I just saw today that Buy.com has the vizio bundle on for $179 for the refurb. Mine came as a refurb bundle never had any problems with it, it is now updated to Android 3.2 should go to 4.0 near future.
    One thing to look at on some of these is the screen resolution and of course the processor.
    I love my Vizio and would definitely recommend it.
    At Costco this past weekend I saw it for $189 new.

Vizio 8" Android Tablet Bundle ( Vizio Tablet w/ Wi-Fi,Folio Case, Micro HDMI Cable) - Refurbished

• grandms
    11 years ago

The screen resolution is only 800 x 480?. It doesn't have much of a camera, if that is important. Only 8GB internal memory, but it does have a card slot, although no indication of what capacity it takes. No way of knowing whether the speakers are any good. I'd want at least 2 speakers for good sound without earphones. But, like you wrote, you get what you pay for. Personally, I'd pay a little more and get a brand I recognized, and refurbished is usually fine.

• genes
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A lot of those places that you mention RC, we poor Canadians do not have access to them without outofwhack border crossing fee etc (that is if they even ship up here)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    11 years ago

oh that is too bad. One thing I can say about my Vizio it has the best speakers I have ever heard on any of my devices, it has 3 speakers and they are great you can use it as a music source with out earbuds it is that loud and clear. My netbook and laptop are awful in comparison. My HTC android phone is almost useless with out earbuds on.

I have heard of that brand in your link on some of the android forums but most of it was not real good, I would definitely check the forums on the brand

• genes
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am not really in the market for another tablet, just came across the advert and was curious is all..tks
    Wishing they come up with a Kindle fire 2nd gen and sort out some of the first gen deficiencies..I know its hard for them to have more of this and that and keep the price down..but lack of a camera, low storage and a couple others that dont come to mind right now would be nice to get sorted out