SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

IE 8 Question? Or is it a Yahoo Question?

luis_pr
10 years ago

I have IE 8 running on a Windows XP SP3, Dell XPS 400 Desktop PC and a Yahoo Toolbar. Ihave recently noticed some odd behaviours that I was wondering if anyone in similar scenarios was having.

Sometimes when I exit IE, the window goes away and another one starts all over again. For example, I had been in yahoo, finished my business there by logging off and then hit the 'X' in the upper right to exit IE. The screen went away and another one popped up in my default starting webpage.

Another time, I was using Yahoo to search some information. When I clicked some of the hits, another IE Session would not start (that is ok) and another tab would get started. When I was done reading that tab, I would exit the tab by clicking the 'X' on the tab and another tab on that same webpage would start. I had to kill IE using Ctrl/Alt/Del.

I have successfully checked my Windows Updates, scanned the PC with Adware, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes and found no issues.

The common denominator was that Yahoo had been recently used and I was loading/exiting webpages. Any idea why this happens? I could find a way to detect what version of a Yahoo toolbar I have so I did not post that info above.

TIA, Luis

Comments (3)