SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luis_pr

Delete Browsing History Is Looping

luis_pr
13 years ago

When I start IE8, click Safety, click Delete Browsing History and click on the DELETE Button, Delete Browsing History Window starts but never finishes. The items checked for deletion on the request are unchanged (same as always): Preserve Favorites Website Data; Temporary Internet Files; History.

I recently left it running 15 minutes and it was still processing but really, doing "nothing".

When I press the Cancel Button, it says "Canceling..." but it never stops.

When I switched to ALT+CTL+DLT, highlighted Delete Browsing History and clicked the End Task Button, I got a window saying that the program was not responding and I clicked the End Now Button. Nothing happened until a 'Run a DLL as an App' Window popped up again saying that the progran was not responding and to "please tell Microsoft about this problem". I clicked on the Send Error Report Button, Close Button on the next window and that was that.

Question #1. Are there other ways to do the same thing? Ways that will not put me in a loop? Doing Disk Clean Up to do delete items from the Temporary Folders is slow. And am not sure how else to get rid of History once in a while. I have Firefox 4.0 but do not know my way thru it enough to tell if it has an automatic way to clear my temp files and history when I exit of Firefox.

Question #2. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it? The only new thing that I have done recently to the PC is get rid of Ad-aware and install Super Anti Spyware Free Edition in its place. Nothing unusual happened during the un-install and the install.

TIA, Luis

Comments (4)