Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ooowebhosting under review

Posted by sugar_fl (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 1:43

My son has a bible website. It is hard to find good free hosting. I paid for a site but he didn't like it.. said it was too slow.. I got a refund..

Now to get down to why I am writing. He had a hosting site called ooowebhosting he used it for quite awhile.
Suddenly a pop up came on saying his site was under review.
It said it would be done in a few hours..this was several days ago. He GOOGLED it & found quite a few sites. Some were WOT red..he went into one that was green & AVAST popped up VIRUS...he clicked out FAST. He did a MWB scan & came up clean. I hope he didn't get a virus. One site he went in said it had been on his for a LONG time. I wonder if because his site is bible related was he blocked.
My other concern did it give him a virus. I hope MWB is rite & he is clean.

This link is what what the site says about the review.

Here is a link that might be useful: hosting review

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ooowebhosting under review

It's quite possible that someone, not liking the content of his site, reported it as something malicious, and they are investigating all the responses to postings as well as the content of the site itself. There are all kinds of "anti" groups out there, so this is quite possible. Just be patient and maybe they will soon remove this.

o

grands,
I do feel pretty sure that his site being religion Is why he is blocked..I do believe he is blocked. He is just going somewhere else & not take chances. Now days religion seems to be a bad word..we just have to try & keep going..we can't let them win.

I went in a site of complaints about the site (no avast warning)
Many have just had their site deleted with no warning & some didn't even have it backed up. David has his backed up on 2 thumb drives. He does it at least once a day. Since he is disabled he has spent MANY MANY hours working on it.
He lost one of his favorite webhosting sites but there are others. I'm including a link to his site in case some mite like to see it. If U do go it would be nice if U would sign his guestbook.
Dar

Here is a link that might be useful: David's web site

o

I visited the site. I have Avast, WOT, MBAM, and SAS.
I got no pop ups warning me for anything.

Pooh Bear

o

I just tried. Got no warnings, pop-ups, but got 404 and just advertisements for the web hosting site.

o

But if one searches it can be seen that this is not a very reliable site. Lots of downtime seemingly and lethargic management perhaps.

o

I would do a boot-time Avast scan to be sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here