Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Get Emsisoft Mamutu for free (Until Sunday)

Posted by justme4now (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 30, 11 at 1:13

Just ran across this on cnet and even though I've never heard of them .. cnet usually has some good stuff!?

Here is a link that might be useful: CNET

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Get Emsisoft Mamutu for free (Until Sunday)

Looks interesting but I'm waiting to see what RC and the guru gang says about it...

Does it do the same thing as Malwarebytes, Is it supposed to be better than Malwarebytes?

Can you run this new program AND Malwarebyte?

Is it safe to run with Avast or other antivirus programs?

I'm sure there are many other questions, but those are a few that come to mind.

o
RE: Get Emsisoft Mamutu for free (Until Sunday)

Emsisoft have been around a long time, the Online Armor firewall is theirs. However this particular program seems very new. They do have another malware program too, perhaps this is the same program renamed.

If a person thinks to try you might consider creating an image of the hard drive or creating a Restore point beforehand. Then if you find it does not live up to expectations you can correct it easily.

From the Emsisoft site
Not only does it monitor all active programs for dangerous behavior, but it also blocks malicious activities in real time. Its Behavior Blocking and Zero-Day-Attacks technology recognizes new and unknown Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers, worms, viruses, spyware, adware, and rootkits without the need of daily signature updates, protecting you long before the signature databases have been updated
So it appears to be a cure all suggesting it might be adviseable to remove your present anti virus. It should have no effect on Malwarebytes because MBAM does not run in the background but is an 'on demand' program.

Here is a link that might be useful: What Mamutu does

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here