Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox keeps crashing

Posted by thirdfrt (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 14, 13 at 0:36

I have windows 7 and my browser is Firefox 20.0.1 which is the current update. Lately Firefox crashes but I can get it back. I have no idea why this is happening. Any ideas?

Also while I am in Firefox a popup (which goes behind the page I am on) from MSN Survey comes up. I have adblock plus but it keeps coming up anyway. I don't understand why I am getting a MSN Survey. MSN is my homepage and has been for years, this is the first time I have gotten one of these Surveys that keeps coming back. These two things happen while I am in Firefox. That is why I posted these two problems since they both relate to Firefox.

I have run Malwarebytes and nothing shows up as Malware.

I would appreciate some help with much thanks in advance.

thirdfrt!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firefox keeps crashing

Firefox is one of the easiest programs to uninstall ,,, download & reinstall.

Microsoft is always sending me surveys and survey popups on their web pages,,, and usually I think there is an opt out of future sends and pops link. I take their surveys as they often give me gift certificates to amazon.com or offer other free softwares like windows8 or office for doing them.

o

Mikie, is that true? I have never been offered anything for filling out a survey. So annoying!

Jane

o

Microsoft has paid part of my last couple purchases at amazon. I hadn't bought any amazon in quite a while and the Microsoft credits built up pretty good. I forget exacgtly but... You cant just spend partial credits without actually buying and paying for something with a credit card.. so you always have to kind of spend something more than your credit balance before you can use the 'gift certificates' ... kind of strange the way amazon works.

o

I think I may have discovered the problem with Fire-fox. I went in to options and set it to "when Fire-fox starts show my home page". It was on "show my win-dows and tabs from last time". After I made that change back Fire-fox stopped acting up. I don't know how it got changed but, I will see if it continues to work normally.

Mikie,

When I put my mouse on down-load a little box pops up from social servey panel . org wanting me to do a servey to win-- an-- i--pad etc. When I put my mouse over servey a little box pops up from in box dollars . com. to win-- something.

In all the time that I have been on this forum I have never seen anything like that attached to a link. Did you know that those things were there? Since I saw those I will not be clicking on either link. I'm sorry mikie I don't believe that this is your fault and I am wondering what is going on here? Please check this out and let me know what you have found. This is very strange I have misspelled words and put dashes on words on purpose so that they won't show up in blue to be able to click on here, so it isn't just you Mikie that it is doing this too. Everything that is highlighted in blue when I put my mouse over it shows up. Thanks everyone for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

thirdfrt!!!

o

Hmm I have never gotten asked about serveys when visitng MS pages. I do belong to pinecone research. I get $3 a survey and if it's a lengthy one I get $10 and sometimes they will send you a small product to test. Only way to sign up is if a current member gets a notice they are accepting new people and they are not at this time. I can just let it build up in paypal for my ebay purchases. Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here