Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ipad3 where is my 'location' for GPS?

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 0:21

I have Ipad3. Wifi.
It is supposed to have 'location' to access GPS, yet I do not have anything
That says 'location'. I believe it is under 'notifications', but I do not have it.
What's up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ipad3 where is my 'location' for GPS?

Have you turned on the GPS app to see if it prompts you to confirm your location? That's the way of location saving/confirmation that I am familiar with on the iPad/iPhone, it is strictly application driven.

o

I am not aware of a particular GPS app- is it one that is in the App Store?
I looked up on the ipad3 forum, which says to open 'location', which is under 'notification', but it is not there.
Guess it is time to call Apple...

o

This is for IOS6 so I have no clue if thar\t is Ipad 3 as I don't own apple anything but maybe the visuals will help you find it.

I know on my new android phone when I first booted to set it up there was a screen to turn on location services or I could do it later form settings it said. My phone came with the GPS already installed and I think I had location services off so when I opened the GPS app it asked me about turning it on so I would think Ipad might be the same way and the GPS app is already installed but as I said I dont have apple anything. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: location services

o

I found this answer from a recent post.

Here is a link that might be useful: Does the iPad Have GPS? Can it Function as a GPS Device?

o

Have you tried: Settings/Privacy/Location Services?

This post was edited by abreeze on Thu, May 2, 13 at 16:48

o

A breeze- yes you are correct. I would usually look at my ipad late at night, long after 'help' was closed. ..but I actually remembered during the day yesterday. You are correct about settings/privacy/location.
Every other place I tried to look up said location was under 'general', which it is not.
Thanks!

o

Good. I'm happy it worked for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here