Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adobe Flash Player and C Cleaner problems.

Posted by horton (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 10, 12 at 23:06

Hi, I cannot seem to be able to keep Adobe Flash Player loaded onto my computer.
Each time I shut down it disappears and I have to download it over again. Each time I try to veiw a video on Youtube there are no controls showing on the bottom of the video screen (Black rectangular box) After downloading and installing Adobe Flash Player the controls appear again but they only last until I shut down the machine..!!??

The other strange thing is that I just re-installed CCleaner onto my computer and it works fine..... other than in the "All Programs" list it shows CCleaner but when clicked on the name, to expand it, it drops down and says (Empty)!!??
As I said the program works okay and I can access it by clicking on a shortcut I have.It's just annoying not knowing why it should do this?
I use Windows7 home premium 64 bit O/S.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, hints and or cures that could help with these nagging problems.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adobe Flash Player and C Cleaner problems.

As I recall, when you installed CC did you check the box to install among other options a listing in the Start Menu?

DA

o

DA, yes I did.
In fact I clicked all the choices during another re-install to see if it made any difference...it did not!
As I said, it installs perfectly...shows up in the "All Programs" list as CCleaner, which when clicked on, expands to a dropdown list, which in turn lists the following items..
"Run CCleaner"
"Cleaner"
"Registry"
"Tools"
"Options"

After I shut down and restart the computer that list is gone with "(Empty)" showing in its place,.
The other short-cuts on the Desk top and Start menu are still there and do function to bring the program up.

As to the Adobe Flash Player, I have discovered that it works perfectly in both "Google" and Internet Explorer 9 browsers but will not stay put in Mozilla Firefox. It too disappears after a re-start. I tend to wonder if think there is a problem with A F Player and Mozilla Firefox/Windows 7 64bit, that it does not install properly??

One other thing I found is that the Adobe Flash Player program shows up in "Programs and Features" but does not show up in the installed program list in the Revo
un-installer program I have???
Bafflin' fer sure!!!

o

Regarding Flash, do you have the most current version? Do you have both the versions installed; IE and non-IE? The proper bit version: 32 vs 64? There should be two entries in REVO.

If you update Flash directly you have to use the browser it is dedicated to. If you save and then install it doesn't matter what browser you use. Just have all browsers closed when you install.

Regarding CC. Is this also the current version? If it were me I would try a fresh uninstall after removing CC with REVO's Advanced settings and removing any reported orphan files, folders, and registry entries that REVO finds leftover. I also would go to a different source such as Filehippo to obtain the application.

DA

o

There is, indeed, a problem installing AF on Win 7 64 bit system and the instructions linked below should help you correct any problems you may be having. I believe the latest update of AF is 64 bit friendly but when I first installed AF on my 64 bit system, I had to install it through my 32 bit IE [browser] system.

It will not show up as an installed program but does appear on the Control Panel page.

HTH

Anne

Here is a link that might be useful: Adobe Flash for 64 bit

o

DA,thank you for your response.
I managed to work out why the drop-down/expand would not work.
I right clicked on the program name (in "All Programs") and an options box came up. I selected "Share with" and it was set at "Share with nobody" so I clicked on "Home group read" and now the expand works.

D A and Nancy, I did install the latest up-date of Adobe Flash making sure it was for Windows 7.... 64bit, using the Mozilla Firefox browser but it made no difference. There is still a problem with it somewhere, as it no longer functions with F/Fox after a shut down and restart.
I'm not at all concerned about it now, as the flash player works on the other browsers that I can use instead of FF and I'm happy with that. I'm not going to waste any more time trying to install it onto FF.
Thank you both for your time and your assistance with the problems, it is appreciated.
Horton.

o

I think I would run the flash player uninstall tool.
Restart the computer. <<<<

Download & save to my hard drive;
http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.exe

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.exe

Install both Flash'Players.

Note: The 64-bit Flash Player installer includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Flash Player.

o
RE: Adobe Flash Player and CCleaner problems.

o

Mikie, Thank you for your suggestion and links but I have gone through all of that several times over the last few days.
I did as you suggest though, just to see if maybe I had not completed everything properly, but it is still the same.
AFP installs okay and I can watch youtube videos on FF.
Then I shut down the computer and flash player goes on a cyber walk-about and doesn't come back.
Why it is okay in Google and IE but not in FF, is beyond me?
Things like that bug me when I can't figure out what is going on!
Thanks for trying.
Horton.

o

I'm sure i'd try stripping firefox & flash both out completely .. boot & reinstall clean.

o

I recently had a problem with ccleaner and MS Security Essentials. I wonder if they are related. Essentials would not recognise my scans, I even did them manually to be sure. I Googled and found out that CCleaner marked essentials as malware. I had to open Ccleaner, go to applications and remove the check mark. It was deleting essentials' history. I noticed Adobe Flash has a check mark in it to. ???

o
RE: Adobe Flash Player and C Cleaner pmnroblems.

I forgot to add, the article said if that didn't work to also remove the check mark from ms managemnt console. I did not need to do that.

o

Mikie, said, "I'm sure i'd try stripping firefox & flash both out completely .. boot & reinstall clean".

Mikie, I already mentioned in my last post that I have done all that several times and it makes no difference. I still lose Adobe Flash Player from the Mozilla Firefox browser program when I shut the computer down.

Emma, thank you for passing on that information.
I don't believe there is a connection between this AFP/MFF problem and CCleaner, as I haven't used CCleaner in a few days.

o

A couple of random thoughts as I try to digest my lunch here at work.

Have you tried FF bare boned with not add-ons to see if this occurs?

Have you tried a prior version of FF?

Do you have FF set to delete history when closing?

This is an odd one. MY FF 10.0.2 and the current Flash work just fine. FF 11.0 has just been released. Maybe a try of the new version is in order. No overwrite though, just a clean install with no add-ons.

DA

o

DA, watch that thinking while eating lunch...it's bad for the digestion!

However it is much appreciated.
Below are the answers to your questions.

1. Have you tried FF bare boned with not add-ons to see if this occurs?
Ans. Yes

2. Have you tried a prior version of FF?
Ans, Yes, just a few minutes ago.
I un-installed ver 11.0 and installed the older 10.0.2 in it's place.
I also un-installed Flash Player and re-installed that again. ...still the same results after shutting down and re-starting!

3. Do you have FF set to delete history when closing?
Ans, No.

Thanks,
Horton.

o

Hi, Horton.

If you are not using a 64-bit browser, you do not need the 64-bit version of Adobe Flash Player. After using the uninstaller mikie posted above, give the 32-bit version a try.

Direct download links

Non-IE 32-Bit (Opera, Firefox etc): http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.1.102.63/install_flash_player_32bit.exe

IE 32-Bit: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.1.102.63/install_flash_player_ax_32bit.exe

o

Corrine, thanks but I have tried that avenue too...same thing happens.

o

No help from me. I am having the same problem, and nothing seems to work.

o

James this is not the best wat to get help. Reviving an 18 month old thread serves no purpose. Start your own thread, give us the make and model of your confuser and what the issues are. Then perhaps someone familiar with the issue can offer advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here