SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shaddy101

Do not see this side of the issue,

shaddy101
9 years ago

I am under the impression, no matter where I get my info from, and have it on the machine, if has a virus, will attach to the computer regardless. This poster from a yarn forum seems to think differently, can someone tell me what is really correct? I am puzzled to say the least.

Excerpt from the conversation, need clarification please?

"First off, I save a picture of what I want to find to my computer, usually to the desktop. Then what I always try to do when I have a picture, but no info on it, is to use "google search by image". Just type that in google, follow instructions and give it a try. It should open a google page, look to the right of where you would type in your search need. Click on the little camera image. Attach the picture and search. If you're lucky, it will get you where you want to go!

You don't have to save the picture before doing a Google Images search. If you open a new tab for Google Images then you can just drag the picture from the original post to the tab for Google Images and drop in the search box. "This is a safer way to do it. If you save an image to your computer you risk catching a virus, worm, or other infection to your computer that may have been embedded in the original poster computer or whose ever computer they may have saved the image from".

This also has me curious, I am under the impression, no matter where your "stuff" comes from on your computer, once it is in there, your virus can come. In other words, whether or not I save to my desktop for the search, when I enter the pic into the google search, also on my desktop, I can still get an infection, Correct me if I am wrong? If this doesn't occur, then seems a miracle to me. Why would it be any different?
Inquiring minds...

Comments (7)