Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ok- now I hope someone has a download for the screwed up thing!

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 12 at 22:28

I had a tech guy 'recover' my computer last night. He didn't save any favorites, some which were difficult to find, and up to six years old- transferredoff my old computer...grrr He also erased my printer, AVG, amunst other things. I cannot open any email attachments. Either they just wont open or they say that' there isnt enough room in the system.
Now, I have a 6 year old HP 1610v printer. On the HP site there is a download for the printer. I have tried it three times but after it gets to '1 second' left to download it never does anything else. I let it run for almost 3 hours the first time, 35 minutes the second and about 25 the third. I called HP and they doubt it would work because the download is so old.??????
Does anyone have something that would work?
Any suggestions on why I can't open attachment ?
Thanks. (I am getting to hate computers more and more...but it was the techy guys fault...)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ok- now I hope someone has a download for the screwed up thin

What did he use to do the recovery did you have the original disks for that computer?
Don't you have the original install disks for the printer if so use them.
If the original recovery disks for the pc were not used then you probably have a lot of missing drivers.
Give us more information on how it was done and what was used and the OS.

o
RE: ok- now I hope someone has a download for the screwed up thin

A "recovery" (I'd use the word restore) is exactly that - erasing EVERYTHING and starting over. In other words, restoring the computer to the way it was when you opened the box. The tech should have made that clear to you and had you back-up important files.

There IS a reason the printer driver download is hanging at the last % but for the life of me I can't remember what it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here