SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Seeking Tablet Recommendation - esp. long battery life for video

lynnalexandra
11 years ago

The family is headed on a school trip to China soon. I am inclined to buy an android tablet - primarily for the benefit of having 10 or so hours of video to watch on the plane.

My husband has a Samsung galaxy tab 2 (or 10.2) - and loves it. I don't know if I need something that nice. Except for travel, I have a small laptop and nook tablet I can use much of the time. But the nook tablet seems to only be good for about 6 hours of video watching. I do have a Nook2android card in it - and it's running jellybean.

The Asus 300 and 700 look good - but are they better than the Samsung galaxy tab 10.2? Having a hard time finding comparisons. I don't need the greatest screen resolution.

Maybe I just stick with my nook tablet - and 4-6 hours less battery life? buy a used ipad? a new asus? with keyboard?

I don't really have a price range. It depends on what this will do. 3G/4g might be nice - as we do a lot of weekend trips away in the car. But not necessary - certainly not fo rthis next big trip. Maybe get a relatively inexpensive ipad 1 or 2 generation with 3g? I tend to prefer android over apple - but this purchase would be for ease of media consumption

If I do use an Android tablet (whether my nook or a new one), do they have built in apps to play video? And what file format for video. I have lots of shows and movies on my desktop (recorded on a Tivo). I can convert that to whatever format will work on an android - and then sideload it (I think that's the expression - basically copying the files from desktop to the storage card?

Thanks.
Lynn.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022