Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asus Laptop

Posted by yesican (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 20:14

I just got a new Asus laptop from Walmart.com. Got battery in and plugged it up. Turned it on and got a little blue screen that said something about Windows 7. I put in the disc (notebook PC USERS DRIVER) and nothing happened. I've tried several times and nothing happens. So in fiddling around with it and trying to get used to the mouse I accidentally hit Japanese language. So now I really don't have a clue.
Shouldn't something have happened when I put the disc in? I'm really dreading calling Asus support because most of these companies have people who are very difficult to understand. Thought maybe someone on here could suggest what might be wrong. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asus Laptop

Every computer I've ever bought starts up into windows with no installing anything at all. You really should call the asus support line.

o

Another thought, do they offer tech support through 'chat'? I find that an easy way to communicate with a variety of difficult to understand 'dialects'.

o

OP might have gotten screwed up in the Windows setup sequence?

I've dealt with ASUS tech support a few times over the phone and I found them to be very helpful and with good communication skills. I hope you'll have a similar experience. If ASUS fails you, tell Walmart they sent you a dog and they'll very likely do an exchange, my experience with them has been good too.

To each his own, I dislike "chat" support. I've found it frequently to be very time inefficient. What should be a 10 min or less phone call becomes a 30 min chat session. It's not for me, thanks, I'll take my chances with an accent.

o

Yes, once you plugged it in and turned it on, there should have been no reason to put in a disk...the only interaction you should have ran into is when it asked you what you want to call your computer, time zone and language..In your manual, there should be something about recovery to factory settings....

o

Thanks for the replies. I called Asus support and got a nice tech who spoke fairly good English and was very patient with me. At first he didn't understand the computer was brand new. Maybe because I mentioned Windows 7. Then he tried to help me restore the system which didn't work. I had already said maybe I should just take it back to Walmart and finally he agreed. Funny but when the Walmart person gave me my computer she said several times if it didn't work right to bring it back. So that's just what I'm going to do!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here