SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sapphires_gw

Java SE Runtime Enviroment 6 U 12

sapphires
15 years ago

Hi,

Have W MS XP

I was going to download this 6U12 version when I got stuck on the option of selecting platform. I didn't know which one of these I should select: Windows, Windows Intel Itanium or Windows x64. Any advice or help appreciated. It also states that this version only works with 64 bit browser plug-in. I don't know if I have 32 or 64, how would I find out what I have? I use Firefox 3.05, IE 7 and Opera 9.23 and that says 32 but the other browser I don't know. So not even sure this newer Java version is for me is it? Sorry so confused and trying with your help to educate myself. Also, once I download this should I then go into Add/Remove and remove the two items there first and then install the Java SE Runtime Enviroment 6u12? The two times there are: Java 2 Runtime Enviroment Standard Edition v1.31 and Java (TM) 6 Update. I also notice on the Control Panel that these two items are listed. If I do (at your suggestion) remove them from Add/Remove will they also go away from the Control Panel? Thank you.

Sapphires

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH