SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mudlady_gw

Question regarding ISP practice.

mudlady_gw
13 years ago

First, I live in a sparsely populated area and the only landline phone available is with TDS. Cell phone coverage is spotty out here, so I really need a landline. There is no TV other than satellite, and the only broadband is DSL, with my phone carrier. I have broadband, home phone and DISH all through TDS and it is very annoying not to have competition and choices. My problem: TDS does not allow me to email anything to myself. I have three different mailboxes and they can't email to each other. That makes it hard for me to evaluate any email problem by using one identity to test another. The real thorn in my side is that I participate on two lists and I can't see any email I send to these lists. Sometimes, when I send a comment that I am certain will result in further discussion and there is zero reaction from other list members, I wonder if my mail has been received. No "bouncing" mail has been returned to me. I asked TDS why I can't see my own contributions to these lists and I was brushed off with the answer that it is simply the way TDS runs its email. Can anyone explain to me why I can't email to myself or the other two mailboxes I maintain, and why my posts don't appear on the lists. What is the benefit to TDS? I also belong to three forums and my email to these groups does appear for me to see on their sites.

Thanks,

Nancy

Comments (11)