Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
voices from computer

Posted by abbey_cny (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 19:06

This problem just started today. I can hear voices (very quiet) from my computer. Increasing the volume doesn't make them louder but I can get rid of them by turning the volume off. SInce they are barely audible I cannot trace them to particular tv or radio station) I do have a wifi connection (Password protected). What would be causing this? I can keep the volume off most of the time but I am curious what might be causing this?

Thanks
Abbey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: voices from computer

Have you re-booted the computer? Does this only happen when you have a web page open?

o

It is no doubt a pop up or an advert running with audio or a advert clip, that you are unaware of.

o

thanks for that info. I do have firefox with the appropriate add ons so I shouldn't be getting advertisements or pop-ups. But I suppose it is possible. I am not hearing anything today so hopefully it was temporary whatever it was. I will reboot to make sure.

Abbey

o

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 17:06

fwiw.
My dad was a ham radio guy.
His radio voice at times would broadcast on my pc speakers. Not loud like a normal volume would be, best I can remember.
I never could stop it. Tried different simple things. But it really wasn't annoying so I didn't go crazy trying to eliminate it.

See any radio towers on neighbor homes ?

o

I have a pair of Acer USB powered speakers that eventually I learned to keep my cell phone away from. They aren't voices though, just squealing noises whenever the phone "calls home?".

Have you scanned for malware to rule out that possibility?

o

Abbey if you are still here this is a shot in the dark.

With your WiFi, how close is the router to your computer?

I ask as I have a 4G LTE provider with my router on top of the bookcase for my computer desk. The left speaker use to be right next to it. I had to move the speaker down onto the floor in the rear of the leg-well due to some mighty strange noises coming from the speaker. Nothing unusual with the right speaker, and I never had the concern with a 3G system. Maybe, just maybe.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here