SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
papilion1

Please help me with Firefox

bluesky1 (7a PA)
10 years ago

I have a Dell Inspiron 660s w/windows 8. I was having some issues & called Dell for support. The issues I had did not involve my browser. I always use Firefox. Long story short..after more than an hour the tech said he was done..I tested several sites using it & it seemed fine. This was done online & he ran checks & changed some settings.
I turned computer off. Later when I went to use the computer all of the graphics were changed when I went online with Firefox. Every site I go into is displayed differently. The logos will not be there, the text is compressed into the center of the monitor & it does not fill the monitor screen. However, if I go onto IE all is displayed as normal.
I called Dell back & they said well that is a 'software' problem which I am not covered for & must pay $89 to fix it, even though it was fine before their tech 'fixed' my computer.
I am SO MAD!! Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this on my own. Do you think if I delete Firefox & reinstall that it would help?? Please help me.
Sorry this is such a long post.

Comments (5)