Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Firefox and Giving warnings before allowing

Posted by jerry_nj (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 17:51

I find Firefox blocks from a site I have listed as an "exception". Specifically I have: www.medhelp.com (for an example same type problem on other sites, maybe this one too).
Yet when I am on: www.medhelp.com/forums/
FF blocks and give me a warning.

Do we need a complete address in the exception list to stop this FF action?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Firefox and Giving warnings before allowing

Hmm, I am on Firefox 19.0.2 and went right to www.medhelp.com, then forums with no error. I even saw your post under the dog community :-)

When I followed the exact link that you posted I did get an error 404 not found. What's the verbage of the 'block'?

o

What happens when you use a different browser for that site?

o

Firefox preventing this page from automatically redirecting to another page

Above is the note in a page wide banner at the top which also contains a key to click "allow"

I have the "warn me if a redirect ..." and I have "www.medhelp.org" in the "exception list". When I clidk "allow" all goes forward, if I ignore I still have access to the same web page and function... e.g., read/write.

o

The setting that you mentioned "I have the "warn me if a redirect ..."" is what is causing your banner. When choosing that setting, you basically asked to be warned. It seems to be working as intended. I have no idea why adding it to the exception list for that rule is not working. Have you asked on the Mozilla Forum?

I was unable to find where that setting is located. Is it part of an add on or extension?

o

Thanks,

Tools>Options>Security gives the dialog panel that has the warning function and the "exception" button. I also tried putting in full addresses and the exception truncated to the site address, so it seems to be intended to let a user make an exception for all of a given web site. It doesn't work on my Windows 7, I recall having the same situation in recent times with XP based Firefox.

o

What version of Firefox are you using with Windows 7? I don't have that option on the security tab.

o

19.0.2 I have had the same difficulty on earlier versions too. This has been going on for months.. don't have a specific start in mind. I do recall Firefox taking more security measures some time back. I have used this browser since its early days, must go back to around 2000, if it was out that far back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here