SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

Zone Alarm is Blocking Spywareblaster

Background: Win XP with SP3; Avast, MAM, SAS, Spywareblaster, Spybot S&D, Zone Alarm; Cisco router

I'll apologize first. If I'd known I would have problems and need your help, I would have kept precise records.

Yesterday, I bit the bullet and decided to accept the Mozilla update. I think Spywareblaster may have also had an update. Anyway, I did the updates and all seemed well. Methodically did the updates for the other security programs I had (listed above). All programs updated and are working except for Spywareblaster; Zone Alarm is blocking it from connecting to the internet (port 12080). I found this via the ZA log. What I can't find (or don't recognize if I have come upon it) is how to change this so ZA does allow Spywareblaster.

I attempted to solve the problem by removing Spywareblaster with Revo Uninstaller. I then downloaded and did a new install of Spywareblaster. This maneuver didn't fool Zone Alarm, however - it still refuses to let Spywareblaster connect to the internet.

Any suggestions? Or, maybe, I have enough security without Spywareblaster and should just delete it and save myself further grief?

Comments (7)