Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I lost my Windows Internet Explorer

Posted by arosegirl (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 17:25

My Windows Internet Explorer browser is gone!! All I have is Google...I have Windows 7. Please help!! Arosegirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I lost my Windows Internet Explorer

I assume you have tried this:-
Click Start
click All Programs
look for and click Internet Explorer. (near the top of the list)
If there you can also right click on it and click Pin to Taskbar in the pop up menu

If it is not there click the folder on your bottom task bar near the Start button to bring up Windows Explorer
click the plus sign beside the C: drive on the left side
in the menu dropped down below click the plus sign beside Program Files
click on Internet Explorer to highlight it
now look on the right side and right click on iexplore and in the pop up menu click to pin to Taskbar.
Done.

o

I'm sorry I am a little lost here. What are you referring to as "All I have is Google..........."? How do you have Google with no browser?

DA

o

type into your run box // or right click desktop and choose... new, shortcut... type the command....
iexplore

o

Did you reboot your computer? That would be the first place to start.

I am wondering also what you mean by google? Do you mean Chrome browser by google?

Give us more information

o

I rebooted the computer, I have a google toolbar. I right clicked on the desktop, chose new, typed Internet Explorer
then it wanted me to browse for the target of the shortcut. So that didn't work.

o

arosegirl-
It's very unlikely that it disappeared from your computer. Just go to "Start," "All Programs," and see if it is listed on your computer. If it is, right-click on it and choose "Send to...Desktop," which will give you a shortcut icon. Then report back.

If it's not listed, report back and we'll give you more tips.

o

Many thanks that worked!!

o

Great...it's nice when the solution turns out to be simple!

o

Ah........the IE icon was missing. That one flew right by me.

DA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here