Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HpqSRmon.exe

Posted by katy1234 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 22, 12 at 17:12

I did a scan with malwarebytes and it found two files pertaining to HpqSRmon.exe. I had malwarebytes take care of everything that they found(also 48 tracking files)and now when I boot the computer it says it can't find what it needs(installer). Do I really need to be concerned that these registry files were deleted?

My computer works fine like nothing important is missing except for the message on boot up. Thanks for any help you can give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HpqSRmon.exe

It is generally a legitimate file belonging to some HP printing type products however if it is found in a location other than the normal location it could be a fake copy which is usually an infection.
You can find more information at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Information

o

Thank you Raven,I ran my printer and it runs as normal so I'm thinking I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I did think it was funny that after I updated malwarebytes that it found these two files when it never did before. I'm just glad it appears it's not going to bother anything.

o

It happens at times that it will be a false positive, so it could be that the latest updates contains that type of problem.
You might want to post this over at malwarebytes forum to let them know about it and you might find it already mentioned there. They do like to hear about this kind of thing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here