Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beware of Charlie Sheen is dead virus!!

Posted by ravencajun (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 17:04

Do not go to anything titled Charlie Sheen is Dead or similar especially on facebook, a virus has been started and is spreading quickly.

"This awful death hoax is a current virus spreading on Facebook.

The dangerous posts begin with a pop up on Twitter or Facebook, claiming "Exclusive Video," "RIP!" or "Breaking News," the Huffington Post reports. Then the headline "Charlie Sheen found Dead at his House" pops up which includes a link to a site that appears to be fueling the rumor."

Charlie Sheen Not Dead, But Virus Spreads On Facebook

Charlie Sheen has NOT been found dead in his house, despite what Facebook clickjackers say

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beware of Charlie Sheen is dead virus!!

Oh boy! Everyone will be clicking on that one!

o

Charlie lives...
he has some funny messages.

Here is a link that might be useful: See Charlie on facebook

o

No thanks. I'm sick of Charlie Sheen.

o

I agree with grandms...why do we promote these losers....i.e., Lindsey Loghan..Charlie Sheen, etc....I blame the media and the public for this. I also dislike realty tv...who wants to know all those crazy people..(five wifes, 18 kids and counting, Kate and her 8 kids, and the other mother in California who had too many kids at one time to be on TV ??? UGH....give me pbs, TLC, H>V, National Geo,Travel,Discovery....and Netflix...where you watch the movies you want to see.

o

HELLO this is about a VIRUS WARNING I am in no way promoting anyone.

Were the warnings even READ?

WOW

o

Yes, but sometimes we do need a little leverage.

Thanks, RC. Forewarned is forearmed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here