Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pegasus

Posted by urlee (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 16:59

Has anybody tried this for a mail account?

I clicked on the faqs but it won't link to that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pegasus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pegasus

I've tried it a couple of times. I didn't like it. Just personal taste, nothing wrong with it that I know of. I do like Thunderbird and get my hotmail, gmail and comcast mail with it. Many people don't care for Thunderbird. You just have to try them and see.

o

Thanks bob.
I heard of one that is called Hush Mail that looks like it may be a good one.
I sure miss Outlook Express!

o

Urlee,

Have you tried Thunderbird? I use it as I just wanted to try something new rather than OE. I configured my household Hotmail account, and my forum Hotmail account to it. It works just fine. I also added the calendar add-on.

I also want to admit I am not a huge e-mail user/aficionado. I just use it for basic communications. Call me old fashion, but I still use the telephone.

DA

o

I've used Pegasus off and on since around 1992. It's pretty solid, but it has some quirks compared to other email clients. One thing I like about it is that it uses its own HTML rendering instead of relying on IE as so many other email clients do. As a result, it's not vulnerable to problems with IE. It also has a small user base so it's less likely to get targeted for attack.

o

Urlee,

Have you tried Thunderbird?
No I haven't. Would have to look it up to see what it is like first.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here