Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
usb 3.0

Posted by jerry_nj (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 16:43

Still looking for a new laptop, like the 17.3" for use around the house, not a travel computer. I am now considering a HP Pavilion at Amazon which is very attractive price-wise if I open an Amazon Visa, and reach a total of $150 off. Seems with the business I do with Amazon, including Kindle, having an Amazon Visa has several benefits... yes the USB.

I just noticed the subject HP has 1 USB 2.0 and 2 USP 3.0. I came here to see what discussion had taken place under the 3.0 subject and found none.

Yes, I will also look on the web, and I assume for now USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 devices. I'll be looking for a list of advantages for the USB update.

Welcome comments on all the above.

Comment, I tried three times to chance USB to caps in the subject, it would not take/display during the review.

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: usb 3.0

yes they are backwards compatible, and the 3 is a faster protocol so is an advantage.

o

3.0 is MUCH faster than 2.0. It's also much faster than many devices that would be connected to it (meaning, the speed advantage is moot). Except for people who repeatedly transfer files of multi-gigabytes or tens of gigabytes over USB, having 3.0 instead of just 2.0 is unlikely to make much of a difference. For the rare times that a lot of data needs to be moved (like an initial backup to an external drive), one can simply set it to happen overnight.

A Porsche has faster acceleration and much higher top end speed than a Scion. If all your driving is in urban traffic, then between the two there is no speed difference.

o

Neither Scion nor Porsche can turn or park as easy as the new Toyota's.

Here is a link that might be useful: i-road toyota youtube

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here