SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rknala

Malwarebytes freezes...

katlan
11 years ago

I had Stop Sign antivirus on my laptop. For 2 or 3 wks now it wouldn't finish running. Would get to about 70% and just hung up there. Finally found 2 trojan viruses and got rid of them.

After reading different posts here, I decided to try MSE. I uninstalled Stop Sign and downloaded and ran MSE. Came up clean.

Then I downloaded Malwarebytes. Ran it and it came up clean.

Today I clicked on malwarebytes to run it and it ran for about 12 minutes, scanned 51,709 objects and just stopped. At the very top of the box beside the name Malwarebytes Anti-Malware it says in parentheses (Not Responding). I finally canceled the scan, tried it again, same thing happened.

I uninstalled Malwarebytes, downloaded it again and ran a quick scan. It ran and said no infections found. Then I clicked on full scan......same thing! Not responding after about 12 minutes. On the Currently Scanning line it says this.......

C\Users\K\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\flaCOFF.tmp

I don't know what any of that means or what, if anything I should do about it.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. You might not want to chime in because I am practically computer illliterate as far as all things about programs, scans, viruses etc.

Thank you all.

Comments (7)