SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerry_nj

HP Pavilion Quality and Size - Do you have one?

jerry_nj
11 years ago

I tried attaching the information/questions below to an existing thread from last month. I believe nothing has come of that as old threads do not attract new attention. it is better to start a thread with your specific issue in the Subject Line. So here goes:

For those in the know on HP, an easy question I hope. Is the Pavilion model consistent in the general quality of the case and keyboard - a shared quality? I ask because I like the one below but can't find it locally... I can find Pavilion at my Discount Store (BJs - where my last 3 laptops were purchased) and so I have had a "look-see" at other versions of the Pavilion. Then today I looked at an HP g7 in 17.3 - I didn't like the quality look of the keyboard, The template that the keys stick through had some rough edges. One had to look through their reading (in my case) lenses to see that level of detail, but it didn't look good. A sample problem? The machine was less money too at $399 verses $459 or thereabout for the one I liked on the web search.

Something else that bothers me is the physical size stated for the one on the web, not the one I saw in Walmart (both 17.3"). The machine will not be for travel, rather just from room-to-room at home.

Item Dimensions L x W x H
3.10 x 22 x 13.60 inches

Forget the confusion of the listed LWH... the 3.1 must be how thick it is, can it be that thick? A compact desk top computer box may be no more than 5" thick. My current Toshiba and most others I see in the store are just over 1" thick, maybe 1.5" but nothing near 3".

The specific machine I'm targeting is:
HP Pavilion G7-2220us 17.3-Inch Laptop

Sorry for any typos, basically is the Pavilion an HP line with similar physical look/touch? And what about the thickness?

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company