Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hey computer experts, is this a good deal? need answer fast

Posted by debi_2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 13:41

I'm looking for a new laptop. Currently I have a Gateway, 32bit, 1.73 Gz Processor with 3 gig Ram, Vista. It's been acting up for a while now with sudden crashes, freezing... It's almost 4 years old.

I'm a business owner so I use it for that as well as personal. I use Quickbooks, Photoshop, MS Office Pro, Publisher, Works, and other stuff. I'm not a gamer, BUT, an above par graphics card is important. Is the one on this computer good? What about the dedicated graphics memory?

What do you think of this or should I continue to look?
Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gateway

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hey computer experts, is this a good deal? need answer fast

I'd speculate it will wow you with the quad core processor & that laptop is upselling itself as great gaming computer so the graphics should be better than a normal laptop at that price range.

I noticed other laptops with same processor/graphics fall around the same price level so dont think its any low price super deal... but it is, a standard on sale price.

You like your gateway... try to find its run hours, make sure you're happy with battery life... and buy it.

o

Thanks Mikie. Was hoping others would chime in too. Oh well.

o

Your link returns some HSN page about wine glasses.

I'm not especially fond of Gateway but if you've been happy, that's all that matters.

o

Yes, excellent link to garden lights.
I assume it was a one day special, thereby garden lights today

o

The reason why you're getting a garden link is because the laptop sold out so I suppose the link now leads you to the "new deal of the day". It sold out around 8:00pm last night so anyone who read my post before then would have SEEN THE LAPTOP LISTED.

No, I didn't get it.

o

Unless you have a compelling reason to buy a new laptop, why not fix the old one. They don't wear out but rather become choked with garbage. Back up your existing data, ensure you have discs whatever software you'd like to install, run the recovery disc. You'll have to do a bunch of updates but it's not like you have to sit there for the entire time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here