Return to the Computer Help Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to make print bigger

Posted by goldy (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 13:38

Need your help in finding how to just make the print a little larger.Someone showed me how on my old computer but I just forgot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to make print bigger

Hold down Control key and scroll the mouse wheel. I'm on XP but thinking that may still work on yours.

There is also a nice add-on for Firefox called No-squint, if you use FF.

o

If you are referring to a browser other options to above:

Ctrl+ and Ctrl-

On the toolbar, View>Zoom>(manually select).

DA

o

In Internet Explorer, I go into settings and change the web page fonts to Tahoma .. which is slightly larger. Then I can put my Magnifying lens back where it belongs in the kitchen for reading microwave directions on the instant cocoa packets & ingredient lists on the things like little miss debbies.

o

Someone on this forum gave me a way to adjust the print.To make the lettering larger not to zoom in or out.Keeping my fingers crossed I'm sure that person is still reading this forum.

o

If you mean for all screens, everything, I think it's the resolution you want to change. What is the operating system?

o

I always change mine for the PC by right clicking on desktop, then on windows color, then on advanced settings. You just click on the text you want to change and sizes will come up. That is the place I change the glaring white screens to a soft gray. I don't know how it would be for W 8.

o

Changing the font can definitely work, but make sure you note exactly what you change in a was / is fashion. Sometimes the results are not what you expect across the board. Font scaling is not linear.

That's why I prefer adjusting the resolution slightly.

o

This was a little scale of numbers 50 to 100 and it was place down in the lower right of the screen.If you wanted to go high or low you would move the bar.It was a Godsend and now no one knows what I'm talking about.

o

If you are referring to IE;

Right click on an empty space of the Toolbar. In the appearing menu make sure the Status Bar entry is checked. On the bottom right will appear 100% with an arrowhead next to it. Click on the arrowhead and a menu with calibrations such as you describe will appear. That may be what you are looking for.

DA

o

Goldy, I didn't see where you mentioned which browser you used. Could it have been 'no squint' for Firebox that you are looking for? It has a slider bar.

Here is a link that might be useful: no squint

o

breenthumb I knew if I kept at it someone would know what I was talking about.You hit the nail on the head.Thankyou.

o

Glad it helped. I need larger print now, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Computer Help Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here