SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

Why can't we all just get along? :-)

PKponder TX Z7B
11 years ago

I've noticed more than the normal amount of friction lately on the forum. I would love to see everyone be a bit more tolerant of one another's opinions and ideas.

None of us are 100% correct or incorrect all of the time. It takes a rounded base of talent (experience and knowledge) to really make a successful forum that offers free assistance to a wide range of 'customers'. I think that this is a great forum and it makes getting help easy for many GardenWeb users. Sometimes the best tool for helpers is the ability to listen to what our poster is asking and interpreting what that really means :-) It's also harder than actually resolving the issue.

We all have very different styles in the way we assist and because of that each of us may develop a 'following' of posters who want a specific helper to answer the question. Sure, it may delay the resolution if that person isn't monitoring the forum, but that is the poster's prerogative. Most of us have full lives outside of the internet and just can't get here every day.

Finally, although we may all have different styles, I would love to see less antagonism toward each other and our posters. I was brought up to believe that if you can't say something nice (or at least neutral) maybe you should resist the urge to hit the submit button.

Comments (8)